Kate Mulgrew Filmography
Dallas (1978) (TV) - Starring as Garnet McGee in "Triangle"
| Dallas ran from 1978 to 1991 and was at it's height as the number one prime time soap opera, with the cliffhanger episode question - "Who shot J.R.?" (Larry Hagman)|
In the Triangle episode, Lucy wants to become a country singer, but the family acts like she wants to be a hooker! Lucy comes to Ewing Oil, in the hopes of getting J.R to help her with her own music career.
- Garnet McGee is the country singer that Ray has become serious about and he tries to kill J.R. because he catches them together.
|Mrs. Columbo (1979) (TV) - Starring as Kate Columbo|
| This TV show centered on the wife of Columbo. She was a reporter who solves crimes in much the same way as her namesake.|
|Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins (1985) - Starring as Major Rayner Fleming|
| This action/comedy movie spawned a TV series as well. Basically, there's a cop that is almost killed and recruited by a secret society that is out to rid the world of untouchable scum bags. Remo Williams, is trained by a tiny, quirky, oriental martial arts expert with the ability to dodge bullets. |
- Major Flemming is an Army inspector for a new weapon that is part of a dastardly deed, and she put her nose in a little too far. She is rescued by Remo, and is mostly just a love interest and side kick in the movie.
|Cheers (1986) (TV) - Starring as Janet Eldridge in "Strange Bedfellows"|
| A top hit sitcom from 1982, Cheers is the bar where the TV show mostly takes place. Sam Malone was the owner and bartender for most of the earlier shows.|
In this three-part season finale, Sam begins dating a politician running for reelection. Diane decides to work for her opponent before taking a more drastic step, leading to Sam's memorable telephone call that served as a cliffhanger leading to season 5.
- Janet Eldridge is the politician that dates and uses Sam as a boy toy so she can parade him around to further her career. Sam gets his feelings hurt and breaks off the relationship.
|Throw Momma from the Train (1987) - Starring as Margaret Donner|
In this dark comedy movie, creative-writing teacher Larry (Billy Crystal) is hounded by Owen (Danny DeVito) when they share a class together. When Owen sees a Hitchcock movie about motivation and alibi's in murder thrillers, he thinks that Larry would like him to kill his wife and in return Larry would kill Owen's mean mother.
- Margaret Donner is Larry's ex-wife, and he blames her for stealing the idea for her book from him during their marriage. Margaret's book has become a smashing success and has propelled her to wealth and fame.
Murphy Brown (1992) (TV) - Starring as Hillary in "On the Rocks"
Murphy (Candice Bergen) is the star reporter on a news magazine show called FYI and it's based in Washington DC. Murphy's townhouse is being repainted for the whole series by Eldin, Jim Dial is the senior anchor, Frank is Murphy's best friend, Corky is the hard news person, and Miles is the very young executive producer of FYI.
|Murder, She Wrote (1994) (TV) - Starring as Maude Gillis in "The Dying Game" and as Joanna Rollins in "Ever After" and as Sonny Greer in "The Corpse Flew First Class"|
The TV show ran from 1984 to 1996, starring Angela Lansbury as former substitute English teacher and famed mystery writer Jessica Fletcher. She has a gift for solving mysteries which seemed to follow her around.
In The Dying Game, financial problems lead to a double murder at a Larkin department store, forcing Jessica to prove the innocence of a friend. It's a 10th season episode.
-Maude Gillis was in charge of the personnel department and was blackmailing the store's fashion designer.
In The Corpse Flew First Class, the luxury airline owned by Jessica's friend may go bankrupt unless Jessica can find out who is sabotaging it.
- Sonny Greer is on the flight from Boston to England. Sonny's bodyguard is killed and her Empress diamond
|Camp Nowhere (1994) - Starring as Rachel Prescott|
| This is a comedy about a summer camp that was designed by the campers themselves. Mud Himmel has to attend computer camp, Zack has to go to military camp, Trish is heading towards theater camp, and Gaby is going to fat camp. So, they create their own camp. Dennis Van Welker (Christopher Lloyd), their crazy high school drama instructor, offers to act as camp counselor. Just as it looks as if they are going to get away with it, their classmates find out about the camp and decide to go along. For a time it's one big chaotic party. But as the kids act out their camp fantasies, they are gaining valuable insight into their lives.|
- Rachel Prescott is Trish' mother.
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2006) (TV) - Starring as Donna Geysen in "Web"|
NBC’s Law & Order franchise chronicles the life and crimes of the elite Special Victims Unit of the New York Police Department. It follows Det. Elliot Stabler, a seasoned veteran of the unit who has seen it all, and his partner, Olivia Benson, whose difficult past is the reason she joined the unit.
In this episode, a mother is devastated by the revelation that her 8-year-old son has been sexually abused years after her ex-husband was sent to prison for molesting her older child, whose DNA now implicates him in his brother's case.
- Donna Geysen is the Assistant US Attorney.
|The Black Donnellys (2007) (TV) - Starring as Helen Donnelly in 5 episodes|
| The show follows the exploits of four young, working-class Irish-American brothers and their involvement in organized crime in New York City. The Donnelly brothers will do anything to protect each other - even if it means committing murder!|
- Helen is the Donnelly brothers' widowed mother. She watches out the most for young Sean, but she fiercely defends all her sons, and backs them up when they feel the need to avenge family honor. While the boys feel she needs protecting, she gives hints of being much more capable and streetwise than they would ever guess.